Say goodbye to on-site storage!
In our digital age, businesses create a lot of data. The process of data maintenance when you are using on-site storage devices, putting it nicely turns into a nightmare for the IT guys! Any tiny mistake can lead to uncertain periods/long hours of downtime and sometimes even complete wipeout of all data.
A practical solution to avoid all these difficulties and losses incurred by the on-premise storage devices is moving to the cloud. It removes the need to support complicated and expensive storage devices like hard-drives, USBs and internal servers, etc. as all the data is stored on external servers.
Google Drive is cloud-based storage solution which comes equipped with the G Suite. Here are top 5 reasons how it is a perfect fit for any company:
1. It is scalable: As businesses grow they have to deal with shortage of storage space, complicated installation/maintenance of storage devices and moving of data from one place to another. But with Drive businesses can store their data directly on the cloud. There is no more the need to deal with storage space getting exhausted or installing and maintaining storage devices. All your data is accessible from anywhere and you don’t need to move your data from one place to another. You can pay as you grow as it allows you to easily upgrade plans when the need arises. Drive allows up to 30 GB of storage space per user in the basic plan and you can easily upgrade to unlimited plans.
2. Flexible Sharing: Companies have a hard time maintaining compliance regulations by defining employee access to different data. In Drive, you can control what actions a user can perform on a file and which files they can have access to. You can share a file with an employee giving the authority to access it and you can define whether they have access to view, edit or comment on the file.
3. Security: A company can set up rules in Drive that its data is not shared outside its domain. This helps in keeping the company data secure and confidential. Google provides a robust interface which blocks spams and makes sure that your data is not attacked by malware.
4. Monitoring and reporting: Business owners need to monitor data and user activity in their domain to keep a track of what ongoing processes in the company. By using the audit reports feature in Drive you get access to data of employee activity on each and every file. A business owner can view user activity of who has viewed, created, previewed, printed, updated, deleted, downloaded, or shared a file. They can customize which types of files they want to include in the report. These reports help to keep track of the work done by employees and data circulation in the company.
5. Vault add-on: Companies need to have a quick access to all files all the time and Vault’s E discovery gives you just that by allowing you to find files just by typing its name in the search box. You can find any file in your domain easily in seconds! If a company wants to retain or find lost data complicated recovery tools are needed. However, with Vault, all data on a company’s domain can be accessed even if it might have been accidently deleted earlier. You can set up rules to store a backup of a particular data for any period of time. Nothing gets lost anymore and you can be sure that you have power over all your data!